Inside your Field Service Management app, there are two different ways for the office to know where the technicians are located. In both scenarios, the technician is a Login user with the Field Service Management mobile app installed on a supported smart phone or tablet device. This article shows what the service manager and dispatcher can see location of the field service techs.
- (most common) Action based GPS location of field tech.
- When a tech makes changes to a Work Order, their location is displayed on both the Dispatch Board as well as the map tab of our Smart Scheduling Screen.
- This shows you where your techs were when Actions occur on a Work Order (pick up, en-route, start, complete, pause, on hold).
- The GPS dots should be on top of the customer address on the map. If not, the tech was somewhere other than the customer site when the action was documented.
- Time based GPS tracking
- The FSM mobile app tracks techs throughout the day based on an interval you define.
Here’s the complete story: How to Set Up/Modify GPS Tracking in IFSM