As shown in our weekly webinar and in our videos on Vimeo, Intuit Field Service Management comes with seamless integration to “QuickBooks Merchant Services with Web Store”.
There are two ways to take payment in the field: Fully-integrated, and Partial Integration.
“Fully Integrated Payment Option” means:
- Your tech uses the IFSM mobile app to prepare the invoice and to process the payment, and
- The IFSM invoice synchronizes into QuickBooks with the Paid Stamp.
- Fully Integrated credit card payments are accepted by direct manual entry inside the IFSM mobile app.
- If the payment was not taken in the field then your office will process the payment. Your office users can type in the credit card information through the IFSM web interface, process the payment, and the Invoice will sync into QB with the Paid Stamp.
Ready to get the full-integration feature activated for your team?
- Your office manager/admin logs into his or her IFSM account.
- Click on the Settings tab on the right hand side.
- Click Financial.
- Click QBMS Integration.
- Intuit will need to provide you with a connection ticket so IFSM has authorization to integrate with your QBMS. To get your “QuickBooks Merchant Services Web Store” and your Connection Ticket, call Intuit QBMS at 877-212-6771.
- Follow this QBMS Integration Guide to setup the integration.
Please note: the integrated invoice+payment occurs only with the IFSM and QuickBooks Merchant Services + Web Store.
“Partial Integration Option” means:
Keep in mind that Intuit also offers a different mobile payment system called GoPayment (GoPay). GoPay (as well as Square) are applications that run separately from the IFSM mobile app. Payments by credit card swiper (GoPayment, Square, etc.) are examples of “partially-integrated payment”.
- Partial Integrated credit card payments are accepted by chip reader and card swipe and are taken outside of the IFSM mobile app.
- If you use “partially-integrated” payment systems: At this time, the GoPayments and Square solutions integrate with QuickBooks directly, but their chip-readers and swipers won’t receive data from Corrigo’s IFSM app. If you make an invoice using IFSM but aren’t using the correct QBMS+Web Store system, but instead you take a payment via GoPay/Square….the approved invoice will later sync from IFSM into QB as “account receivable” and you’ll need to manually relate the GoPay/Square monies with the Invoice inside QB.
- IFSM customers using partially-integrated payment systems (GoPayment, Square, etc.) will benefit from a lower “transaction fee” (as compared to the manually-entered rate) and won’t need to manually enter credit cards in the field. The trade-off is the invoices in QB must be manually associated with the payments in order to get the Paid Stamp to appear on each invoice.
Updated March 2018